COUNSELLING FOR ANY CHILD,
FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES.
For 9-25 year olds, based in Bristol
and the West Country
What we offer..
1) We work with a defined age group. We know how to meet young people‘where they are’and we know the different needs of children, teenagers and young adults.
2) We work for a client for as long as they wish. Some problems can be cleared up quickly, some issues affect our whole life and they take longer to work through. There is no pressure to ‘hurry up’.
3) We will work with the parents of a child if we assess that this would be in the best interest of the child.
4) We work from a number of sites across Bristol so as to make journeys as easy as possible.
5) We ask clients to make a contribution to our costs. Please consider a sum between £10 and £40. Choose an amount that reflects that they are getting a professional service, but would also never be a reason for not attending. We regret that in order to cover our costs we have found that we need to ask for a minimum payment of £10 per session. The people who can afford a little more help to cover the costs of those who cannot, and it works; This year we will offer over 1500 appointments to distressed young people.
Help! has trained, independent counsellors and
psychotherapists who can really listen to you in a
non-judgemental way, and give you a safe space to talk
through what is bothering you
No matter how large or small the problem seems to be,
we can help you explore and understand your feelings,
thoughts and your actions.
Gradually you can see how other peoples’ feelings and
actions may be affecting you.
Then you can start to make positive changes, perhaps begin
to see the choices and options that were hidden before.